Wednesday, June 16, 2010

My Mom




































My Mom turns ** today. In those ** years, she has done so much for so many people. (Get your tissues ready, Mom) But for me... She has nurtured me, fed me, taught me, loved me, held me, rocked me to sleep until I was too big to carry back to bed, and kissed too many boo-boos to imagine. She has stuck up for me, protected me, believed in me, let me err, and in so many ways molded me into the woman I am today. When people find out about the rebel I was as a teen, they ask how that turned into the well-rounded mother I am today. My answer to that is my beautiful mother, who taught me what it was to love and be loved. Thank you, Mom, for all those times I didn't realize what it was you were giving me, and for all you had to put up with from me. I love you. Have a happy birthday, and do a little something for yourself today. You deserve it and so much more.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much, and I did have to go blow my nose after reading this. And thank you for my BD song a little while ago. I love the foot prints!! See you Fri. Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Nanny! You sure are special to me, too. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're very welcome, Mum. The footprints are great, aren't the? I'm glad I got the shot, becuase I only got to take three before Max tromped right through them...

    ReplyDelete

Followers